Occhipinti il Frappato - Sicily
Bottle size: 750ml
Maximum buy quantity no greater than 24 bottles.
Long known as a blending grape, Frappato, in the hand of Arianna Occhipinti, is an extraordinary wine. Light in color yet remarkable in complexity with notes of cherry, raspberry and white pepper, this wine shows cool climate characteristics in Siciily. 70% of the frappato is macerated for two months on its skins, while the other 30% stayed on its skins for eight months.
Parsnip Risotto with Pancetta and Sage
Arianna Occhipinti is one of the hottest names in Italian wines. Her natural wines are highly sought after with the demand far outstrip- ping the tiny product1ion. Great Roman wine lists like Casa Bleve, Settembrini & Enoteca Costantini are fervent supporters of her great wines.
The estate is about 15 km from the Mediterranean with the vineyards planted at 250 metres above sea level. The vineyard is planted to Frappato & Nero d’Avola and is run on bio-dynamic principles and all fruit is hand harvested.The winemaking process is natural with fermentation occurring spontaneously, no temperature control, no fining, no filtration and only minimal sulphur additions at bottling.
The style of Occhipinti is fresh and pure with incredibly cool fruit. The wines are delicate yet full flavoured and glide across the palate. I have shipped two wines, the 2009 SP68 a blend of equal parts of Frappato & Nero d’Avola which is in the same mould as a Foillard Morgon, just delicious fruit and juicy acidity and the 2008 Frappato which is all boysenberry and cream with a lick of juicy acidity.
Delivery is currently free of charge for both straight and mixed cases Australia Wide. (*excludes remote postcodes in WA and NT) (*excludes fundraising orders)
In most instances, a case is 12 bottles, including all mixed cases. Please note that the case quantity can vary between 3-12 bottles, depending on individual wine value and packaging configuration.
The number of bottles that define a straight case is marked in the product pricing page (i.e. "as part of any 6", "single bottle" and "3 or 6 or 12 bottle case").
Where all or part of the order is less than a case (as defined in the product pricing options, or 12 bottles if mixed) shipping will be charged as per your postcode at our cost price, this charge amount will be visible before your order confirmation and payment.
For example, a mixed bottle order of 18 bottles will include a freight charge for the second mixed case of only 6 bottles. A mixed 24 bottle order would be totally freight free.
Our intention is to offer free shipping to as many wine lovers as possible, however, given the geographically vast size of Australia, it is not possible for us to offer free shipping to 100% of postcodes. For estimated delivery times and further information see here. If you have any additional questions, please email us on email@example.com or call us on 1300 55 44 35